After you apply
After we receive your application we do an assessment, we look at:
- Why you need the dispensation
- When it is and how long it’s for
- The size of the road or pavement
- Whether it will cause an obstruction
- Whether it could be dangerous for drivers or pedestrians
- Whether there are other areas nearby where you could park safely without needing a dispensation
- Whether it would be an unfair inconvenience to others, for example if you want to use the only disabled bay in the area
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we can grant the dispensation. If we say yes, you’ll have to pay the fee as soon as you can. If you don’t pay before the first day of the dispensation then we’ll cancel your permission.
To pay, call 01925 442865 between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
After you pay we’ll send you a dispensation certificate to put in your vehicle.
We might ask you to provide more information or proof of the reason why you’ve asked for the dispensation. If we don’t believe your application is honest and valid then we won’t give you permission.