On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
We look after four cemeteries and a crematorium in Warrington where you can arrange for a burial or interment of ashes:
Walton Lea Crematorium
The arrangements and costs at Walton Lea are different to our other cemeteries, find out more:
- Arranging a funeral or cremation at Walton Lea Crematorium
- Strewing of ashes at Walton Lea Crematorium
- Interment of ashes at Walton Lea Crematorium
- Memorials at Walton Lea Crematorium
Arranging the funeral and hiring the chapel
If you’re using a funeral director, they will make all of the funeral arrangements and sort the paperwork. The necessary fees will then be shown on your bill. Find out more about arranging a funeral.
Our fees for a funeral in one of cemeteries may include:
- Hire of the cemetery chapel followed by an interment in a WBC cemetery is £103, otherwise hire of chapel is £185
- If the funeral overruns or starts late: £51.50
- If the paperwork is submitted late: £60
- Adults aged 18 years and above: £997 (or £1,994 for non-residents)
- Children aged 1-17 years: £496 (or £992 for non-residents)
- Children under 1 year old: £82
- Adults aged 18 years and above: £1,495.50 (or £2,991 for non-residents)
- Children aged 1-17 years: £744 (or £1,448 for non-residents)
- Children under 1 year old: £123
- Adults aged 18 years and above: £1,994 (or £3,988 for non-residents)
- Children aged 1-17 years: £992 (or £1,984 for non-residents)
- Children under 1 year old: £164
There may be some additional costs depending on the options you choose for the funeral and burial. Some are listed here, or speak to your funeral director.
- Wooden casket: £64
- Aluminium casket: £54
- Casket plate: £7.00
- End rings on the casket: £3.50
- Burial for one, with slabs: £282
- Burial within 24 hours/capped grave: £113
- Coffins larger than 6’6” x 26”: £102
Interment of cremated remains
- Monday-Friday: £239 (or £478 for non-residents)
- Saturday: £358.50 (or £717 for non-residents)
- Sunday: £478 (or £956 for non-residents)
Exclusive right of burial
You can also buy the exclusive right of burial for a grave, which means you decide who can be buried there.
- Cemetery grave £1,197.00 (£2,394.00 non-borough)
- Cremated Remains for 4 £711.00 (£1,422.00 non-borough)
- Cremated Remains for 8 £798.00 (£1,596.00 non-borough)
- Baby Garden £305.00
Headstones and memorials
You may decide to put up a headstone or other grave marker. You will need to apply to us for the ‘right to erect a memorial’ which costs £243 for a headstone. It’s free for our baby gardens.
Sometimes it can take a while to make and inscribe a headstone. You can buy a 1-year temporary grave marker from us for £68.
We are members of BRAMM (British Registration of Approved Monumental Masons) who have an approved register ensuring all stonework meets the BS8415 standard.
There will be additional costs to change the headstone because of another burial in the grave, or for repair:
- To add an extra inscriptions: £90
- To change or replace a headstone: £121
- To remove a headstone: £129