You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
Enjoying Eid safely
While lockdown restrictions are easing, coronavirus is still active, with several districts in the North West experiencing a spike in cases. We need to ensure our communities continue to follow the national guidance when celebrating Eid Al-Adha this year.
Coronavirus has affected so many parts of our daily lives, and means that people are celebrating Eid Al-Adha differently this year.
If you are celebrating:
- We understand how important Eid Al-Adha is to our Muslim communities, but this year we have to do celebrate it differently to help prevent the spread of coronavirus and protect all of our communities
- Where possible, stay at home and celebrate with people you live with
- Pray at home where possible. If you do attend a mosque, follow their social distancing and hygiene guidance, and make sure you sign in and out
- Avoid congregating before or after prayers, particularly indoors
- Give Eid greetings without hugging or shaking hands with friends and family and stay 2 metres apart from those you don't live with
- If you are going to a mosque, we advise you to walk if possible and avoid car sharing with people you don't live with
- For family and friends who don’t live with you, celebrate via the use of technology such as video calling
- Please stay local – there are many areas in the North West where there are worrying levels of infections and there is an increased risk if you visit other towns and cities
Mosques and venues for prayer
- If indoor venues are being used, the national guidance must be followed to ensure all venues are COVID-secure.
- Please ensure your congregations practise social distancing by keeping people 2m apart – this is a much safer approach than the 1m+ advice
- People should wear cloth face coverings when inside
- Hold multiple congregations if an outdoor venue is not possible, and prayers should be staggered with enough time between congregations
- One person to recite takbeer loudly indoors, and only a few if outdoors. Others to recite quietly.