The Fireworks Regulations 2004 requires that you:
- do not hold fireworks in a public place if under 18
- must not, as a member of public, possess Category F4 (professional) fireworks at any time
- must not set off fireworks between 11pm - 7am, except on New Year's Eve, Chinese New Year and Diwali, when fireworks may be used until 1am
- Bonfire Night (5 November) when fireworks may be used until midnight
- appropriate national public celebrations or local / national commemorative events
View the Fireworks Regulations 2004.
- Always buy your fireworks from a licensed seller
- It’s an offence to supply category F2 fireworks or category F3 fireworks to under 18s
- Since 2017 you can only buy fireworks that are CE marked.