On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Care Assistants (Reablement Support Workers)
Are you caring, compassionate and respectful?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of people in Warrington?
Whether you have previous experience or not, if you want to help people, the role of care assistant / reablement support worker could be for you.
You don’t need any qualifications or previous work experience to apply for this role, what’s really important are your values and your attitude towards working with people who need care and support.
We will train you to work with those who need our services to encourage them and help them to become independent so that they can stay in their home environment whilst ensuring that they are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
What you can bring:
· Your caring nature and values of treating people with dignity and respect
· The willingness to be trained to a minimum of Level 2 NVQ/QCF in Care if you do not already have a qualification.
· A basic level of reading and writing skills.
· A current driving licence or we can discuss supporting you to achieve this.
· The ability and willingness to work to a rota that includes evenings and weekends.
In return we offer:
· A competitive rate of pay with payment by shift not by call, and enhancements for evening and weekend working.
· Full training (Care Certificate, QCF) and the opportunity to develop a career in the care sector.
· A planned 4 week rolling rota (but with the flexibility to organise swaps with colleagues)
· Shift patterns from 18 -30.50 hours per week available between 7.00am and 11.00pm.
· Generous paid holiday allowance of 25 days per annum (rising to 30 days after 5 years)· Fully funded DBS check.
· Use of a pool car (with fuel) during your shift to travel between calls.· Uniform provided.
For an informal chat about the positions and working at Warrington Borough Council please contact Interim Principal Manager Ruth Whittaker on 01925 443071.
Hours - We have a range of hours available, from 18hrs - 30.50hrs per week.
Location: In the community
Here at Warrington we are committed to maintaining standards of excellence in the provision of care.
Make a difference. A great career in Adult Social Care could start here!
DBS clearance is required.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer