Family Support Workers - Fixed Term until 31 March 2022
Are you passionate about supporting children and families?
Do you want to make a difference and improve outcomes for local families?
Warrington Borough Council Early Help Division are offering an exciting opportunity to join the family support team. You will be based within an integrated cluster team with an allocated case load supporting families with a variety of multiple & complex needs.
Ensuring safeguarding procedures are understood and implemented you will work closely with youth workers and children’s centre staff to offer a support package to the whole family.
A bit about us...
Warrington Borough Council’s Family Support Team work with families experiencing a range of challenges such as debt, housing issues, domestic violence, poor mental or emotional health, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour and neglect. They support families at an early stage to improve the life chances of children and young people.
We are looking for 4 temporary FTE positions (until March 2022).
A key aspect of the help provided to families includes:
· support families with children aged 0-19 years old with complex and multiple needs
· an assessment of needs, helping families to identify what works well and what needs to change
· acting as lead professional for the family, helping you to access support and work with other services to make changes
· parenting advice and working with the family to improve the confidence and self-esteem of children, young people and parents/carers
· being a positive role model and advocate for children and young people
· listening to the views of families and their children to provide support
Please contact Carlie Mills Early Help Locality Manager for more information 01925 443681.
DBS clearance is required.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
If you are a permanent WBC employee you will need to apply for this fixed term position as an internal secondment opportunity and will need to discuss this with your current line manager prior to applying.
Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer