On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
National Safeguarding Adults Week 16th - 22nd November 2020
Warrington Safeguarding Adults Board (WSAB) will be supporting the National Adults Safeguarding Week initiative from the Ann Craft Trust, a national charity which exists to minimise the risk of abuse of disabled children and adults at risk.
We will be using daily social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter, to raise awareness of the resources that people can access if they have concerns and to use the opportunity to raise awareness of the work and priorities of the Warrington Safeguarding Adults Board to the wider public - You can find free resources on this webpage.
If you would like to participate in promoting National Adults Safeguarding Week or are interested in keeping up to date with what the WSAB will be doing over the week please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook
Monday- Safeguarding and Wellbeing
- A4 fact-sheet
- Period poverty, safeguarding and personal wellbeing
- Mind’s mental health and wellbeing hub
- NWBH Crisis Line - North West Boroughs Healthcare offer a crisis line available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and are open to people of all ages- including children and young people. If you feel you need urgent mental health support, or someone you care for that you feel may be in crisis please call the dedicated 24/7 mental health crisis line 0800 051 1508
Tuesday - Adult Grooming
- A4 fact-sheet
- How to spot the signs of adult grooming.
- A short guide to staying safe online
- Age UK-Staying Safe Online
- Understanding financial abuse
- Money Advice Service-Protecting against financial abuse
- An introduction to predatory marriage podcast
- Am I Being Groomed?
- Catching the Catfish: Adult Grooming
- The Survivors UK guide to Adult Grooming
Wednesday - Understanding Safeguarding Legislation
- A4 fact-sheet
- An introduction to key safeguarding legislation and initiatives
- An introduction to the Sexual Offences Act
- The NHS guide to the Mental Capacity Act
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups (video).
- An introduction to Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- The Disclosure and Barring Service overview
- The Social Care guide to Care and Support Statutory Guidance.
- A brief introduction to Making Safeguarding Personal
Thursday- Creating Safer Places
Friday- Organisational Abuse
Saturday - Sport and Activity
Sunday- Safeguarding in your community
If you’re worried that a vulnerable adult is being abused, exploited or neglected – or is at risk of this happening – you have a responsibility to report it. It might be something someone has told you, something you heard or saw, or just something that makes you feel uncomfortable about how someone is being treated or looked after.
Contact WBC Adult Social Care First Response Team on 01925 443322 or Outside of Office hours call 01925 444400