On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Omega is the largest mixed-use development site in the North West. This £1bn, 575 acres mixed-use development will be delivered over the next 25 years with outstanding infrastructure links, including:
- immediate access to the M62 at Junction 8
- being situated 3 miles west of M6 / M62 interchange, midway between Manchester and Liverpool
Current occupiers include Brakes, Hermes, Travis Perkins, ASDA, Amazon, the Hut Group and Plastic Omnium.
The development will provide:
- 24,000 new jobs to the area
- new affordable houses for families, first time buyers and the elderly
- small shopping and leisure facilities for the local community
- vibrant landscaped, woodland, parkland and wildlife areas for the local community to enjoy
- a 35 acre ‘green heart’ park for use by the wider community