On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Corporate privacy notice
This privacy notice (together with any other documents referred to in it) explains how any personal information we collect about you, or that you provide to us will be used by us when providing our services and carrying out our functions as a Local Authority.
We are committed to ensuring that personal information is held fairly, lawfully and securely in accordance with privacy laws.
This notice explains how we use your personal information and how we will treat it.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time.
Areas covered by this notice
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when the council collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about people, such as:
- people who use and receive our services - see our privacy notices for different services
- visitors to our website
- people who register for an online account
- people who are referred to us by other persons, agencies, organisations
- people who contact us with an enquiry or complaint
- job applicants and our current and former employees
- people who participate in publicity for us
- people who are recorded on CCTV operated by us
By law you have rights over how your data is collected, processed and stored. These are:
- the right to be informed about how we use your personal information
- the right to ask for access to the personal information we hold about you
- the right to ask that your personal information is given to you, or another service provider of your choice, in a commonly used format
- the right to ask us to stop using or to delete your information
- to right to ask us to limit what we use your personal information for
- the right to ask us to change personal information you think is wrong
- the right to withdraw consent you have previously given us to use your personal information
- the right to object to automated decision making and profiling where this is used.
To find out further information about the way that the council handles your information, please read our full Warrington Borough Council Privacy Notice or the service-specific privacy notices below.