On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Rixton Claypits local nature reserve
Dogs should be on a lead and not permitted to enter ponds or disturb grazing sheep at Rixton Clay Pits.
Facilities and attractions
- Open 24 hours a day
- Woodland and meadow habitats
- SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest)
- Woodland and meadow walks
- Viewing points
- Special wildlife - Great Crested Newt
- Visitor centre - (subject to staff availability)
- Toilets and WC's - (subject to staff availability)
- Car park - (subject to staff availability)