On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Stockton Heath community recycling centre
Garden waste subscription
Subscription for 2021 is now open. The service will run from 2 March to 3 December.
You'll need to pay £36 for your annual online subscription. Please note, that if you order over the phone your subscription will cost £40.
Stockton Heath, Gatewarth and Woolston community recycling centres (CRCs) are now open for essential trips only.
For the latest guidance and information about what you can and can't take to the tip at the moment, if you'll need a permit or for site opening hours, please visit the bins, waste and recycling coronavirus page.
Please do not visit the site if you are able to safely store your waste at home, thank you for your patience.
During spring/summer (April-September)
- Weekdays: 10am-4pm
- Weekends and bank holidays: 8am-6pm
During autumn/winter (October-March)
- Weekdays: 10am-4pm
- Weekends and bank holidays: 8am-4pm
Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Aluminium foil
- Batteries – car, leisure and household
- Cans – aluminium and steel
- CDs, DVDs and videotapes
- Cooking oil
- Ferrous metal
- Fluorescent tubes
- Glass – amber, clear, green
- Grass / garden waste
- Ink cartridges
- Mobile phones
- Non-ferrous metal
- Other white goods
- Paper - normal and shredded
- PC and associated hardware
- Plastic bags
- Plastic bottles - mixed
- Rigid plastic
- Small electrical items - such as radios, DVD and video players, toasters, vacuum cleaners, etc
- TVs and PC monitors
- Wood / timber
- Car tyres / wheels and other vehicle parts
- Fire extinguishers
- Fridges and freezers
- Gas bottles including butane, propane, camping gas and oxygen cylinders
- Hardcore / rubble
- Mineral oil
- Hazardous or inflammable liquids and chemicals
Items you may need a permit for
- Rubble, bricks, paving stones, wall and floor tiles, roof tiles
- Fencing, sheds, decking, concrete posts and panels
- Plaster / plasterboard
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suites
- Doors and window frames
- Fireplaces , radiators and central heating boilers
- Gutters, downpipes, fascias
- Loft installation
We don’t consider these items as ‘household waste’ so there are limits on how much you can bring to the recycling centre.
Vans, trailers and large vehicles
Cars pulling small trailers can be used at Stockton Heath, but there is not enough space on site for larger vehicles, vans or trailers. Try Gatewarth community recycling centre or Woolston community recycling centre if you’d like to visit in a larger vehicle, but you may need to apply for a permit before you visit.
None of our community recycling centres accept trade or commercial waste. This includes rubbish or recycling from business premises (including home businesses), shops, offices, factories, garages, car washes, schools, charities, landlords of rented properties, builders and other tradespeople. Take a look at our reliable and competitive trade waste service.
Recycling site rules
- Always follow the one-way system
- Don’t go more than 5mph
- You can’t access the site on foot
- Follow all instructions given by the staff
- Keep dogs in your vehicle
The wellbeing of our staff is really important, we take it very seriously and we don’t tolerate any verbal or physical abuse, or intimidating behaviour.
Sometimes we have to close for a short time when there are lorries on site to collect the containers, we’re sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.