You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
Woolston community recycling centre
Stockton Heath, Gatewarth and Woolston community recycling centres (CRCs) are now open for essential trips only.
For the latest guidance and information about what you can and can't take to the tip at the moment, and for site opening hours, please visit the bins, waste and recycling coronavirus page.
Please do not visit the site if you are able to safely store your waste at home, thank you for your patience.
- Weekdays: 10am-4pm
- Weekends and bank holidays: 8am-6pm
Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
How to find us
- Aluminium foil
- Batteries – car, leisure and household
- Cans – aluminium and steel
- CDs, DVDs, videotapes
- Cooking oil
- Ferrous metal
- Fluorescent tubes
- Glass – amber, clear, green,
- Grass / garden waste
- Hardcore / rubble
- Ink cartridges
- Mineral oil
- Mobile phones
- Non-ferrous metal
- Other white goods
- Paper - normal and shredded
- PC and associated hardware
- Plastic bags
- Plastic bottles - mixed
- Rigid plastic
- Small electrical items - such as radios, DVD and video players, toasters, vacuum cleaners, etc
- TVs and PC monitors
- Video tapes
- Washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers
- Wood / timber
- Car tyres / wheels and other vehicle parts
- Fire extinguishers
- Fridges and freezers
- Gas bottles including butane, propane, camping gas and oxygen cylinders
- Hazardous or inflammable liquids and chemicals
Items you will need a permit for
- Rubble, bricks, paving stones, wall and floor tiles, roof tiles
- Fencing, sheds, decking concrete posts and panels
- Plaster / plasterboard
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suites
- Doors and window frames
- Fireplaces , radiators and central heating boilers
- Gutters, downpipes, fascias
- Loft installation
We don’t consider these items as ‘household waste’ so there are limits on how much you can bring to the recycling centre and will need a recycling centre permit.
Vans, trailers and large vehicles
Vehicles more than 3.5 tonnes, and trailers bigger than 3 metres in length or 1.5 metres in width, aren't allowed at all. If you do want to use a van or other commercial-type vehicle, or a vehicle pulling a trailer, you may need a recycling centre permit.
None of our community recycling centres accept trade or commercial waste. This includes rubbish or recycling from business premises (including home businesses), shops, offices, factories, garages, car washes, schools, charities, landlords of rented properties, builders and other tradespeople. Take a look at our reliable and competitive trade waste service.
Recycling site rules
- Always follow the one-way system
- Don’t go more than 5mph
- You can’t access the site on foot
- Follow all instructions given by the staff
- Keep dogs in your vehicle
The wellbeing of our staff is really important, we take it very seriously and we don’t tolerate any verbal or physical abuse, or intimidating behaviour.
Sometimes we have to close for a short time when there are lorries on site to collect the containers, we’re sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.